Are you part of a team who are starting a fresh expression of Church? Growing New could be just what you are looking for to support and resource the team.
Growing New is a learning hub pilot for church-planting teams (developing significant fresh expressions of Church). The aim of the Growing New Learning Hub is to help each planting team on a journey which results in new church communities being formed and new people becoming followers of Jesus within them.
The Lightwave Community and the Church Army Centre of Mission in Suffolk are working with the national Myriad initiative and adapting their learning community resources which have been developed to meet the following needs:
1. “Just-in-Time” development and training to enable small lay teams to form new significant fresh expressions. ie training as they need it – not a long way in advance
2. Tailored and flexible training and development to fit different mission contexts and different teams and different stages of development
3. A safe community for these planting teams to support each other
4. Developing these lay planting teams with the clergy who champion and support this ministry
5. Structures and approach which intentionally focus on multiplication of new communities and easily align with the sense of call to pioneer and plant
These needs were identified in recent national research:"Listening to the Voice of the Lay Planters" and are the same needs being experienced in Suffolk. We hope this pilot will lead into an ongoing learning hub for future pioneers leading fresh expressions of Church in Suffolk.
Additional Resources and information
If you are a lay church planter, looking to plant churches, click here to download the document; Am I Called?
If you are an Incumbent with a team in your parish who is interested planting churches, click here to download the document; Who Plants Churches?
If after having spoken with your Incumbent/Oversight Minister and they are in agreement of you and your team planting a church, then click here to complete the Growing New Application form, to join the Growing New learning pathway. Completed applications need to be returned by 30th of June 2023.
The dates for the "Growing New" gatherings for 2023-5 are all from 5pm Friday through to 6pm Saturday and with accommodation and meals provided. These gatherings will take place at Brome Grange, Norwich Road, Brome, Suffolk, IP28 8AP.